Wacky Bear Factory Express Franchise Information
The Wacky Bear Factory Express franchise is for a shop where you can customize your own stuffed animals.
It was founded in 2000 and started franchising in 2004. They currently have locations in Tennessee, two in Pennsylvania, Virginia, and two in Minnesota.
How do you customize a stuffed animal at the Wacky Bear Factory?
- Select a Friend. This starts at their “bins” where you can find the available “friends” that you can choose from. Usually, there are dogs, bears, dinosaurs, and horses just to name a few. They place the price on top of each bin and it includes the skin, heartbeat, stuffing, and an adoption certificate that would have your name and your friend’s name on it. It also includes two bows for your friend.
- You have the option to add a “sound” to your friend for an additional fee. They have factory workers who will help you install the sound on your friend’s paws.
- You are now ready to make your friend. This is the stage where you get to stuff your friend. Again, a factory worker would be available to assist you. You can pedal it to control the amount of stuffing for your friend. You will be allowed to hug them and try if they are too soft or too hard before they lock in the stuffings.
- This is where you get to clean your friend. It is where they are given an “air bath”. There is a hose connected to a pedal and when you pedal it, air will come out. You can also brush their hair to make them look nice.
- You will then be able to name your friend. Ted E Bear is the one running this station and he will help you with the computer to type in your name and your friend’s name which will be printed out on a certificate that you can claim when you have paid and ready to leave the store.
- You also have the option to buy clothes for your friend for an additional cost. They have costumes, outfits, pajamas, and accessories such as sunglasses. You can come back to the store to buy more clothes for your friend.
- The journey ends at the cash register. You will be given your adoption certificate and they will even remove all the tags from your friend and the clothes you bought for them.
Cost and requirements on running a Wacky Bear Factory franchise
You need to have a net worth of $200,000 and a total liquid asset of at least $50,000. Expect to be investing about $150,000 to $188,000. The cost of Wacky Bear Factory franchise fee is $30,000 with an on-going royalty fee of 4%. This is for a renewable five year term agreement. You will need about two employees to run one location. They allow absentee ownership.
What is included in the franchise package?
There will be two weeks training at the headquarters. You will be receiving newsletters and a toll free phone number. You will be given access to the internet and to purchasing cooperatives. You will also be provided assistance at the grand opening. Expect to be attending meetings and receiving occasional field evaluations. For marketing support, there will be ad slicks.
Wacky Bear Factory Contact Details
You may reach them at:
Address: 500 Galleria Dr. Suite 116 Johnstown, PA 15905
Phone: (814) 361-3464